Krill Astaxanthin (Formerly: XanthOmega)
Krill Astaxanthin provides a generous 12 mg per serving of the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin to help achieve optimum benefits from this potent carotenoid. It would take eight conventional krill softgels to equal the astaxanthin levels in just one Krill Astaxanthin softgel!
Available: 60 Softgels
- Cardiovascular health
- Eye support
- Skin health
- Gastric health support
- Diabetes support
The oil extracted from krill is rich in the omega–3 fatty acids EPA and DHA bound to highly unsaturated phospholipids, closely resembling human brain phospholipids. These phospholipids – phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylinositol, and phosphatidylethanolamine – are essential to life and are a major component of cell membranes, functioning as cell messengers and as carriers of EPA and DHA, providing a fast and effective delivery of these omega–3s.
Astaxanthin, the carotenoid, is a staple of krill's diet and gives them and other crustaceans their vibrant pink color. Krill Astaxanthin contains an impressive 12 mg per serving.
Many studies suggest that this exceptionally high level of astaxanthin offers an array of therapeutic benefits, which may include:
• Powerful antioxidant
• Cardiovascular health – helping to promote healthy lipid profiles; potential anti–hypertensive
• Sports performance – increasing muscle endurance and reducing exercise–induced muscle damage
• Eye support – reducing eye fatigue and improving visual acuity
• Supporting skin health – protecting against UVA–induced aging, as in sagging skin and wrinkles
• Gastric health support – helping to reduce gastric inflammation and reflux symptoms
AstaREAL® – the Astaxanthin of Choice
Krill Astaxanthin’s astaxanthin comes from naturally occurring levels found in krill oil and from AstaREAL®, a registered brand of astaxanthin extracted directly from microalgae using a solvent–free technology that ensures maximum control and purity. AstaREAL® astaxanthin is the most studied astaxanthin in the world with over 40 clinical studies, both animal and human.
• Antioxidants such as, canthaxanthin, β–carotene, vitamin E and trans–retinol vitamin A. These antioxidants offer benefits of their own while also protecting this nutrient–dense oil from oxidation.
• Made using a unique cold–extraction process that converts it into stable oil.
• This process protects the lipids from alteration and avoids peroxidation.
• Free of heavy metals and organohalide pollutants
• Does not cause reflux or regurgitation commonly experienced by those consuming regular fish oil supplements.
Suggested Use: Take 1 to 2 daily or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Does Not Contain: Gluten, wheat, soy, tree nuts, peanuts, eggs, or dairy.
Does Contain: Crustacean shellfish.
If you are pregnant or nursing, consult your physician before taking this product.
Though Astaxanthin is generally recognized as safe (“GRAS”) do not use this compound if you have an allergy to Astaxanthin.
Since Astaxanthin can lower your blood pressure and cause your calcium levels to drop, make sure to discuss the use of this product with your physician if you have any of the following medical conditions: High blood pressure, high calcium levels, asthma, or osteoporosis.